Wednesday 20 August 2008

ATTENTION FELLOW ETSYIANS- I NEED YOUR ADVICE

Ive been told in a forum or two that people like my shop but they wouldnt buy from it because they dont have kids. But what im making isnt really for kids its just fun stuff for maybe teens and young women, or anybody else who is interested. I can understand why people might think that about my store but there isnt an age limit on what is in my store, its for everyone and anyone!! ive had some different reactions from people saying that they would buy my stuff even though they are young women and others saying that my shop is confusing, and that the name is misleading. Its been suggested that i shut down and start again. I think i might benefit from opening a second shop, what does everyone think?? i want your advice!!

3 comments:

Lorrie said...

I had a quick look, and I wouldn't open a new shop, but maybe rename your shop: e.g. 'Honeybee's Buttons and Bows' for instance. Button Emporium just sounds like you sell buttons..

bunzi said...

i had the same thought about your name. i thought you sold buttons at first. so illusio's advice is grand. perhaps you could rename it to something less specific i.e. Honey Bee Designs, Bee Sweet, Bee Cute, Bee Happy! If you want to have a different feel for the shop you could always create another shop. But your designs just look fun and happy.

honeybee88 said...

thanks for the advice guys!!